Monday 14 July 2008

The "Complete" List

John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Portal
Test Drive: Unlimited ( ALL Gold in the SP challenges.)
Loco Roco*
The Darkness (Easy)
Lost: Via Domus
LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures (Story Mode)
Battlefield: Bad Company (Easy) & (Normal)

Re-completed B:BC on the Normal difficulty setting and I have to say thoroughly enjoyed it again.. Probably more so.. Less to do with the slightly stiffer opposition and more to do with having a better idea of how the game worked and how to effectively use the hardware at my disposal.. Some of the sections that caused me trouble first time around because I was dashing through it where much more fun with a more considered use of tactics and fire power.

My favourite section of the game is the escape from the Monastry down the mountain.. There's a helicopter gunship on your tail the whole way down and plenty of tanks and groups of troops meaning a straight run in the provided jeep leads to a lot of getting blown up and frustrating restarts.. Making good use of the laser designator as I went made short work of the tanks and enabled a break neck dash from jeep to power boat, stop briefly to blow up a frigate. A pitched battle ensued to secure the last jeep.. A last minute dash to the safe zone saw my jeep exploding just as I triggered the cut scene.. It was a real Hollywood action movie moment.

Great game. Now I've just got to finish MGS4... ;)

No comments: