Friday 2 May 2008

Purchase Power

As previously mentioned I had the day off on Tueday.. However a quick browse of the EDGE forum seemed to indicate that there was no chance of picking up an un-pre-ordered copy in town.

I decided to order a PS3 copy from Play.com. They where out of stock and recently their deliveries have been been extremely slow of late (24 T Shirt and season 6 of The Shield ordered and posted from Play.. Yet to arrive)

As it happened I'd forgotten my ticket and hotel reservation for my trip away later that day so I had to head into town anyway. Walked into Woolies and as there was no queue at the counter I asked the girl if they had GTA IV in stock.. Moments later, as is the way, I spy that indeed there are a pile of copies behind her.. So I bought the 360 version. Came home. Cancelled my order at Play and placed the disc in my 360's hungry tray.

As a short coda to the story I was wandering around Liverpool on Wednesday and indeed there wasn't a copy to be seen.. Seems like, for once, my timing was perfect.

No comments: