Tuesday 30 June 2009

Purchase Power.

Sorry for the lack of posts through June. Especially after the effort I put in during May.

Time to update you on some purchasing action.

I was recently away in London where I picked up a new copy of Army of Two for a tenner. I still feel robbed having gotten back and had a go. I tried to purchase a copy of FUEL from ASDA for the bargain price of £25 only to have to wait holding up the checkout getting evil stares while I waited for them to get it from the stock room. Sadly it was such a good price they didn't have any stock left.. I slunk out with a consolation box of cheap beer.

Next stop eBay. I had a hankering to play.. erm.. Rumble Roses XX having downloaded the demo recently. Astonishingly it's extremely rare.. There wasn't a copy to be had on 360 on eBay first time I looked. However some diligent searching (what can I say.. it's a good demo) eventually saw a solitary copy turn up. I was expecting to have to pay silly money. However my first, and as it turned out the only, bid secured it at £9.99. Job done.

I also decided that I wanted to play Okami again but this time on Wii. Either that or Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess. I really enjoyed Okami, and made a fair amount of progress, but I think it's paintbrush and combat would really suit the Wii-mote. Sadly I couldn't find a copy in town. I was shocked to find that even used, after all this time, LoZ:TP was still making £30.. Needless to say I came home empty handed.

1 comment:

Nish said...

Despite certain annoyances, e.g. the repetition of the bosses, Okami is certainly one of the most wonderful games I've ever played.

Surprised to hear about the lack of depreciation for Twilight Princess. I'm glad I held on to my copy.