Tuesday 16 November 2010

Comment

In my world you're only good as you're last sale. In American TV you're only as good as you're last episodes ratings.. In games it's not much different. Still it's a sad day when Bizarre Creations are canned after lacklustre sales and reviewer reception of James Bond: Bloodstone

Of course the writing was kind of on the wall when Blur bombed at retail despite me having a lot of love for it.

It's difficult to pin down where it all went wrong. Leaving Microsoft? Diminishing returns with the Project Gotham franchise.. Or was it even The Club?

Personally I despair a little for my fellow gamers when Activision can have the biggest opening day of sales with Call of Duty: Black Ops and yet people wont buy something as intensely good online as Blur.

Of course as Michael Jackson once sang I should probably start with the man in the mirror. I had sworn to buy James Bond:Bloodstone to support my favourite developer but a combination of New Vegas and poor length of the campaign put me off.. so I guess I should've supported them. I did buy Blur on launch and it's still my go to game for some knock about online fun.

A sad day,

No comments: