Monday 15 November 2010

Purchase Power: Quarter IV 2010

A combination of a huge amount of time being spent on Fallout: New Vegas (over 40 hours so far fact fans) and perhaps one or two big titles being out slightly earlier than normal has meant that there hasn't been such a glut of huge games coming out this time of year as normal.

Having said that we are starring down the barrel of the christmas now. I've decided to give CoD: Black Ops a miss for the moment. I don't enjoy the multiplayer component of it so much and so for that reason I'll see if it gets any cheaper. Fable III is also going to have to wait a bit. I'll definitely pick it up at some point but again it'll need to be cheaper.

So where does that leave us? Gran Turismo 5 will finally launch this month after the mammoth wait and seeing as my PS3 only gets used for these kind of genuinely exciting PS3 exclusives I expect I'll be picking it up.

Otherwise I've narrowed it down to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I really enjoyed the second game and as this is a direct sequel I'm looking forward to more of the same and seeing how the story of Ezio pans out.

That just leaves Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit on pre-order. I have utmost faith in Criterions ability to deliver a fun action packed racer. I'm also intrigued by the Autolog feature that brings to the forefront was has in the past been the secret pleasure of online friends list leaderboards.

No comments: