Wednesday 10 October 2007

What's on the Box(set) ?

Recently I've discovered the joys of the DVD boxset. Most can be picked up at a reasonable price if you shop around and it enables me to watch things that I've forgotten to watch or missed the first time around at my leisure.

I've loved every minute of 5 series of The Shield, 2 series of House and last but by no means least 4 series of The O.C.

Anyway in these posts I'll be updating you on what I've watched last.

On this occasion that's season two of 24.

I watched season one and whilst it was an enjoyable romp it didn't blow me away quite as I'd been expecting.

Season two is an improvement. The story line (concerning a plot to detonate a nuclear missle in down town LA) is more gripping and the 24 hours strung together with better pacing. It doesn't have a shock reveal in quite the same manner but each episode ends with something of a cliff hanger and whilst I find the 'real time' effect a bit of a gimick (each episode cuts between several characters much like a normal show) it's gripping TV. Jack develops as a lead and though my main complaint would be the shoe horning in of a story line for Kim (Jacks daughter) I did get emotional when he thought he was going to die and was saying goodbye to her.

Suffice to say I've ordered season three.

No comments: