Sunday 20 January 2008

Currently Playing: The Club (demo)

Haven't checked on PSN in ages due to the lacklustre nature of the PAL store however this morning I downloaded the demo of The Club, developed by Bizzare Creations (More famous for the PGR series) and published by Sega, as it's had 'interesting' reviews rather than outright critical acclaim.

I can't see it being for me. It's a hardcore arcade shooter at heart which will rely on playing the same levels over and over again to learn the patterns and generate high scores. If that's your bag then there maybe plenty of fun in it for you. It certainly looks nice enough. If a little generic. But for me, these days, the joy of playing is in the adventure and the accomplishment. Not playing something over and over to practice. I just don't have the time.


No comments: