Sunday 20 January 2008

Great Expectations

I'm a little off gaming at the moment. I haven't been able to post as much as I'd of liked recently as has already been mentioned but you haven't missed a lot of gaming action. I have a few titles on the go but I've not really made the time to play much.

First title of 2008 that looks promising for me is Burnout Paradise, I enjoyed the original game although it's core game mechanic of finely judging your way through traffic and the track could be hair threateningly tight at times. The second one was the perfect sequel expanding on everything that made the original good whilst being more fun and varied.

Didn't really enjoy Takedown (the third game and first under EA). The typical EA presentation grated and EA's instance on using their own servers for Live made online play frustrating. 

Downloaded the demo for Paradise on my 360 and I have to say I like the idea of combining the arcade thrills of Burnout with the online experience and open world of TD:U

It's got great reviews in EDGE and OPM but the main question for me is PS3 or 360. The PS3 version apparently has the better graphics but with the online element appealing to me it's probably the friends list on live and the achievement points that are going to swing it for me.

No comments: