Wednesday 12 March 2008

The "Complete" List

John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Portal
Test Drive: Unlimited ( ALL Gold in the SP challenges.)
Loco Roco*
The Darkness (Easy)
Lost: Via Domus

Well.. What can I say about the Lost game? I don't watch the show. It's never interested me. From what I hear it asks far more questions without any satisfying answers yet in four seasons. My girlfriend is however a huge fan and the game was duly bought on release and kicking about. She enjoyed it although she didn't feel it added a lot to the overall show experience. So what do we have? Well it's short. The whole thing comprises just 7 episodes and there's barely a handful of locations. The characters look good but most are voiced by impersonators who obviously haven't watched the show either. It's a third person adventure and it reminds me mainly of point n' click style. Mostly it involves talking to the characters to establish where to go next. Picking up objects and a few simple puzzles.. The difficulty, such as it, in these parts of the story comes from actually knowing who to talk to progress the story.. Trial and error. The second part is where the your character tries to establish his memory by taking photos in 'flashbacks' that will kick start a memory. These parts are looped until you take the right picture.. Once again Trial and Error is the nature of the day. To me it seemed an unsatisfying and flawed game. I'll say no more. Apart from it was an easy 975 gamerpoints and was vaguely entertaining in the way cheap tv can sometimes be.

No comments: