Saturday 29 March 2008

Purchase Power

Picked up the solitary copy of Gran Turismo 5 : Prologue in WHsmiths yesterday. Couldn't find a copy of Everybodys Golf so that'll be a mission for today.

GT5:P is a mandatory HDD install which took a wee while to install followed by it wanting to do an update download. This got to the same long winded point (about 10 minutes into a total of 20 I'd say) before throwing up an error message. Switched the PS3 off and switched it on again and had another go to no avail. Played some of the game offline and then had another try from within the games menu options and third time lucky. You also have to have the option set on the PS3 to get the time and date settings from the internet (Not even an option I knew was there and I doubt it would've occured to me had it not been for some help from the EDGE Forum). I've often had X-Box Live update games I've just bought but crucially they've never failed to install.. seems the PSN has a while to go.

No comments: