Wednesday 26 November 2008

Currently Playing: Fallout 3

Such an epic game it deserves a follow up post (Prior to hopefully completing it). I didn't play Oblivion so I have no problem with it not having moved on much (A fault that seemed to be the only real thing that EDGE didn't like about it). Certainly I wouldn't want a bigger game world when it's this well realised and packed with interesting places and sights.

I'm levelling up quite nicely and whilst not going totally evil my karma seems to be on the bad side.. Of course this might have something to do with the rampage at Tenpenny Tower where I killed all the guards and the residents just for the hell of it.

It's very slow to get going but the pay off is that once it does it's really sucked you in. I spent about four hours on one quest last night. It really feels like your exploring another world and the compulsion to uncover every nook and find everything you can is very strong.

I'm also liking the perks. There's far more interesting ones than you could possibly choose on one play through but some of them are great.. For example the last one I picked was 'Mysterious Stranger' which promised some help during VATS battles. I'd almost forgotten about it when during a particulary tense battle the stranger showed up and finished them off for me.. Brilliant.

If it keeps the quality and pace up to the end it'll be a strong contender for GOTY.

No comments: