Friday 20 February 2009

Game - The Shop.

I'm getting increasingly annoyed at the GAME chain. The insistance on Bod's asking me if I want any help is getting stupid. In my local GAME I was asked, with in the same visit, four times if I wanted any help. Twice by the same guy. What makes it worse is that on the rare occassion when I do want some help they invariably don't know the answer seeing as I've probably forgotten more about gaming then they'll ever know.

However todays exploits at the till have finally forced finger to keyboard. I wanted to purchase Race Pro which was released today. I also wanted to trade in NFS:U on PSP. Which I presented with my purchase. Firstly despite being a new title they weren't any copies behind the counter so I had to wait while he went 'out the back'. Then he insisted on dealing with my trade in now. Firstly scanning it and checking that the pre-offered £10 was acceptable (It was such a steaming turd of a game I'd of paid him to take it off my hands) then he wanted my first initial. Now normally they scan the game in, take the reward card, scan the part exchange, deduct the amount and you pay the balance.. But not today.

He couldn't take my reward card apparently. I'd have to give him all the information manually. Then he put the £10 store credit on to a gift card. Then he rang up my purchase. At this point he was now able to accept my Reward Card. He then asked me if I wanted to use my £10 store credit. Funnily enough I did. Did I want him to discard the gift card he'd insisted on using? Well I didn't want it in the first place so yes I did. I pay the balance. Accept my game and get told that when I've finished with it I can trade it in along with any other unwanted games. Yes. I understand the trading in policiy as I demonstrated when I just traded in an unwanted game.. But thanks.

It's no wonder there's always a huge queue. I'm quite tempted to write to the management and explain how, not only enviromentally unfriendly the waste of a gift card was, but how retarded the whole operation was. I'd go somewhere else but since Woolies closed down I've not a huge amount of choice.

No comments: