Thursday 3 September 2009

The "Complete" List

Resistance 2
Mirror's Edge - 360
Quantum of Solace - 360
House of the Dead: Overkill - Story & Directors Cut
Fable 2 - Story Mode
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot - (Liquid Easy)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Saints Row
Race Pro - Career Mode
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Easy) - 360
Conan (Easy) - PS3
GTA IV - 360
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Manhunt 2
Prince of Persia
No More Heroes - Real Ending
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Silent Hill 2 - (4 star rating, Leave ending)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - DS
Silent Hill 3 - (5 star rating)
Little Big Planet - Story Mode
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Batman: Arkham Asylum

There'll be absolutely no spoilers here. This is the first essential purchase of the year for comic and game fans alike.. Presumably if you like both you've bought it already.

I completed the bulk of the game on 'Normal' but couldn't seem to beat the second but last boss battle. It seemed I hadn't unlocked the best abilities for it.. and of course it was tougher than anything prior to that which had already tested my meagre skills too the limit. There was nothing else for it but to start again on Easy.

Of course it was a much quicker play through second time although I did get more out of it. I got a better grip on the combat system, solved more of the riddlers puzzles and found more of the secrets which awarded me a lot more Exp to spend on upgrading stuff... A third play through on Normal should see me beat it.. but my hands are like claws I've played this for so long.

It's something of a shock that something that I think we all thought had no chance can turn out so brilliant. The production values are huge, the gameplay is immense and it is an absolute joy too play from start too finish and chock full of bits you'd love to share.. Everything else coming is probably going to raise it's game!

No comments: