Tuesday 22 September 2009

The "Complete" List

Resistance 2
Mirror's Edge - 360
Quantum of Solace - 360
House of the Dead: Overkill - Story & Directors Cut
Fable 2 - Story Mode
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot - (Liquid Easy)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Saints Row
Race Pro - Career Mode
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Easy) - 360
Conan (Easy) - PS3
GTA IV - 360
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Manhunt 2
Prince of Persia
No More Heroes - Real Ending
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Silent Hill 2 - (4 star rating, Leave ending)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - DS
Silent Hill 3 - (5 star rating)
Little Big Planet - Story Mode
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Killzone 2
WET



WET has hints of Max Payne and Stranglehold too it but the game it reminded me most of was Ninja Blade (although without the stupidly hard boss battles).

First off Rubi is a very likeable heroine. She's one dimensional but it's a great dimension. She's cool but she's also pissed and impatient... There's a cut scene where one of the crime lords is explaining how they're aren't enemies but they'll never be friends and she's all like yeah whatever.

The demo doesn't really do it justice which is odd cos it's basically the opening level but you've actually got less powers. Somehow it flows better.

I just loved it all really. The uber cool blood mode where Rubi goes into some kind of Rage mode and everything is red with black enemies and white blood and you just rampage through. I liked the story, I liked the grindhouse style, I loved the little cinema style trailers, I liked the action and I even liked the cool over the top QTEs that popped up now and then. I even liked the speed runs through Rubi's hideout that get your familiar with new weapons.

It doesn't out stay it's welcome and at any other time of the year I'd of probably had multiple play throughs to get the most out of it (Me being the cack handed flid that I am was just getting the hang of making Rubi look cool when it was all over). As it is I'm going to trade it.

No comments: