Sunday 14 March 2010

Currently Playing: Resident Evil 5

Picked this up for £17.50 in Game.. The last new non-Gold Edition copy left in the shop.

Fortunately I had a happy real life partner. Less fortunately I got stuck playing as Sheva.. Now I didn't really enjoy the more action orientated Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube but, I think due to the co-op action, this is much more fun.

At first we struggled with the opening section. There's a lot of zombies (I know they're called something else but they'll always be zombies to me) and not much ammo.. but eventually we made it through and after that started making solid progress.

The whole game is obviously designed around the co-op and with a real life partner it ramps up both the excitement and the need to swap ammo and health. Lee was handy with the shotgun and I concentrated on upgrading my pistol.

Overall I enjoyed the graphical spectacle and the solid gameplay.

No comments: