Friday 12 March 2010

Purchase Power

I bought Yakuza 3 from Game for the princely sum of £39.99. I've not played a Yakuza game before but I enjoyed the demo.. However most of what spurred me on to a full price release day purchase was all the rabid fanboys bemoaning SEGA for cutting some features from the original Japanese release.

As far as I can see it's a simple case of economics. The franchise isn't a big seller over here and there's obviously a limit to what can be spent on localisation.. Those boycotting it are surely shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to the fourth part of the saga coming to these shores?

I traded Darksiders as I noticed there where already a large number of second hand copies on the shelves of my local GAME meaning it's value is probably going to plummet. I got £20 for it which I was quite pleased with seeing as they where retailing it for £29.99 a couple of weeks ago.

1 comment:

Nish said...

Most fanboys are moaning because everything was included in Yakuza 2.

I'm not too bothered because I didn't indulge in the more 'alien' pastimes anyway.

My only beef is the reasoning that they wouldn't have any relevance to western gamers. Just say it was to cut costs. I'm just happy the third game is here at all after the non-appearance of the original PS3 spin-off.