Friday 30 January 2009

360 Health Check

And so the inevitable Red Ring of Death rears its ugly head for the third time in House of Bob.

I returned the original and got a new one sent out. That lasted a very short time before it RRoD'd. I couldn't be bothered to send that one back so I bought a third Premium and sold the new HDD.

Now I'm faced with the prospect of another bricked 360. To be honest I'm getting pretty sick of it. I'll buy another one tomorrow cos really they're as cheap as fucking chips now and it's not worth the wait to be without.

But I'll have to ring up Microsoft to get the cable to transfer all my data over if I buy a new Elite and so I'll see if I can get both of these bricked machines sent back, repaired, and then sold on eBay.

2 comments:

Nish said...

The price of the machine these days has led me to feel less fearful about mine dying. Coupled with that is the fact that most of the games I play nowadays are PAL releases anyway.

My X360 will be three years old this May, and I know it's one of the original Japanese launch units too.

Bobsticle said...

Nish there's no secret to why your 360 hasn't RRoD despite going Emo. It's been in a carrier bag most of it's life.