Friday 2 January 2009

Happy New Year Gaming Round Up!

Happy New Year 2009 to everyone!

So there's not been a huge amount of gaming so far. Little Big Planet happily arrived. Sadly still no stock of Dualshock 3s in town or indeed at Shopto.Net. However today I decided to go to Ramsey and visit the Islands only independent game retailer and see if he had one. Sadly not. Huge amounts of 360 stock but virtually nothing for PS3. Happily he did offer to sell me his own ex-demo genuine Sixaxis for £20. It seemed reasonable for a second controller and to get me back in the PS3 gaming loop (I only have two days holiday left after all), So I'll pre-order a Dualshock from Shopto and keep this one as a handy second/spare pad.

I'm struggling to like Banjo & Kazooie. More about this in it's own post.

Went to a New Years Eve party and, I suppose some what predictably, the 'just received for Christmas' Wii was brought out. I got to play Sonic and Mario at the Olypmics which I hadn't played before, but I suppose ironically, all the non-gamers had and Mario Kart Wii as well.

Sonic and Mario at the Olypmics isn't great. I found a lot of the events boring and over complicated but everyone else seemed to enjoy it despite the slow pace, the constant need to plug in and then remove the Nunchuck and the 'relatively' complicated controls.

Mario Kart Wii, at least in multiplayer, has lost none of the old magic and I would've bought that today (to get some much needed practice in) but the local independant didn't actually have it in stock.

No comments: