Monday 2 March 2009

Gaming Journal

I spent nearly all my gaming time over the weekend playing Race Pro. I basically completed an entire season of WTCC racing, Made some more progress on the career and then ventured onto Live with some other enthusiasts from one of my regular forums. There where four of us altogether with the last two slots being taken up by randoms at various times. Twelve player races should be possible but does make the game unstable.

With the four of us the game is rock solid and a lot of fun. Instead of a lobby you can do practice laps until you've got enough people together to do a race. Then there's a Qualifying session if you want it before the actual racing starts. Sadly there appears to be no way to change car class or indeed cars within a class without restarting a new room but hopefully that'll come in the awaited patch. I basically played until my hands where like claws.

As for Recession busting.. I'm obviously only one day in and not really missing playing Killzone 2. I'm not interested in death matches and so the campaign can be played whenever. However I hadn't realised Mad World for Wii will be released during my enforced exile. I may have to crack for this. It looks awesome.

Other than that I was put off getting back into Fable 2 because there's possibly been to bigger gap between my last session and I'm not sure I'll remember where I was up to and what powers and combos I'd got.. It would be handy if there could be some kind of dynamic 'Previously on..' feature for indepth story games like this that would refresh your memory between plays. Still my fruit stall should of made me a shed load of money when I do switch back on.

Oh and a quick update on 'PS3 Watch'.. still not switched on.

No comments: