Sunday 14 February 2010

The "Complete" List

Left 4 Dead 2 - (All Campaigns)
Mass Effect
Lego Rock Band - Story Mode
Darksiders - Easy
BAYONETTA - Easy Automatic
Lego Batman

I only paid £10.50 for this and I still feel ripped off. The campaign is criminally short. Even allowing for playing as Hero and Villains the whole things over in about 4 hours. Apparently I've only completed 18.5% of the game but I'm really not interested in replaying the game for collectables when the basics are so broken.

This is the third LEGO game I've played and it's really time Travellers Tales addressed some basic issues which just aren't forgivable anymore. The infinite lives is like applying a sticking plaster to a broken leg. The controls need sharpening up. Most of all the AI on your partner is in dire need of addressing. He can't even cover you when you're building something that's vital to progression.

Must try harder.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

I thought Batman was the best of the Lego games they have done. Taking well known characters and making a few stories around them rather than trying to follow a movie plot so strictly was very well done.

The puzzles you complete to collect the collectables are the best part of the game though, if you are just going to run through doing the minimum possible then the lego adventure games probably aren't worth playing unless you're 5 years old.

Bobsticle said...

I enjoyed the Indy one a lot more. It felt more complete as a game. There was plenty of content without having to go back through.

Of course, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but the lack of online co-op since the Star Wars ones probably puts me off going back through. Working on your own is awful hardwork.