Tuesday 16 February 2010

Purchase Power

Inspired by a retrospective article in 360 magazine (Called "Club 360". It's a bit like Time extend but with input from the forumites) I picked up a copy of Hitman: Blood Money from GAME for £12.99 used.

I've never played a Hitman game before and I liked what I'd read. However for the what I think is the first time ever my 360 wont run it. I actually read the manual and it does clearly state the game only runs in 60Hz. My 360 is connected to the TV by a HDMI lead and the TV clearly states (A little box comes up when you change channels) that it's running in 1080p 60Hz yet the game tries to load and then informs me it's not capable of running at 50Hz. The instructions for the game don't marry up with the setting options my 360 shows me.. I've no idea what to do except maybe take it back to GAME, After half term, with a picture showing the TV setting and the error message and see what they suggest.

Unless my regular readers can help?

2 comments:

Geoff said...

Use the component cable instead of HDMI, or in the my xbox > settings > video settings section of the xbox you may be able to switch the 50hz to 60hz mode.

Nish said...

A quick Google confirms Geoff is on the money. What a load of old bollocks.