Wednesday 12 May 2010

The "Complete" List

Left 4 Dead 2 - (All Campaigns)
Mass Effect
Lego Rock Band - Story Mode
Darksiders - Easy
BAYONETTA - Easy Automatic
Lego Batman
Call of Duty: Classic - Normal
Fracture - Casual
Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Heavy Rain - Medium
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Normal
Yakuza 3 - Easy
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
Mass Effect 2 - Normal
Peggle: Dual Shot - DS
Splinter Cell: Conviction - Realistic & Co-op - Realistic
Dead Space - Easy - 360

I guess having only spent a tenner on it there was no need to try and play it on the hardest difficulty setting.. or I've just reverted to type. Either way there was a lot to like here.

Even with out a kick ass surround system (or indeed any kind of surround system) the audio definitely warrants a mention.. all the clunks and out there noises combined with some awesome graphics gave the game plenty of atmosphere. I also really like the way the game needed no HUD. I can't remember now whether this came before or after Bioshock but the way the protagonist's suit projected all the audio files really added a lot of depth. Personally I'd of rather I'd been able to manage my inventory without being attacked but it certainly added to the survival horror.

All in all a very enjoyable game.

No comments: