Tuesday 18 May 2010

Purchase Power



I had decided that I wasn't going to purchase any more, so called, Limited Editions.. But this Alan Wake one looked like it had had some thought put in to it. Instead of the usual, and annoying to get into, metal tin it comes in a nice hard back book effect (Mr Wake is an author you see) magnetic opening box, contains a lovely hardback box with slip cover that actually seems to be packed with information, the sound track CD and a bonus context disc as well as a nice black DVD box for the game for every day use ensuring that the Limited Edition needs minimal opening and can be stored on my shelf.

I traded in Splinter Cell: Conviction. As Nish mentioned recently the RRP on some games is taking a real pounding at the moment (Even God of War 3 is now available in GAME for £25 which really shocked me) so no doubt I can pick it up later for buttons if the DLC turns out good.

Which brings me nicely on to how packed Mays release schedule has become in what would traditionally be the lead in to the quiet summer months and so I'm looking at working out a purchase schedule in a sort of Q4 type manner.

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands and No More Heroes 2:Desperate Struggle are both likely to get heavily discounted and there's only so much time for games now I'm a married man so there on the 'Wait until it's cheap' list.

Alpha Protocol: The Espionage RPG initially sounded promising but has now gone on to the 'Wait for the review' List.

Which leaves Split/Second and Red Dead Redemption as 'Day One' purchase and I'll probably trade Split/Second for Blur the week after as that's my other essential purchase.

1 comment:

Nish said...

I'm definitely holding off buying new (full-price) games at the moment and not just because I've got a £1200 laptop to pay off...

However, it'll be more than likely that I'll buy SMG 2 from Day One. That's not due until next month though.