Monday 10 September 2007

Medal of Honour: Airbourne

Yesterday I decided to trade in Ninja Gaiden: Sigma for £28 at Game which I thought was actually a decent price considering they where selling it last week for £29.99 as deal of the week. It turned out that it wasn't my sort of game really. I don't like to be forced to read a manual. It's lazy development.

I purchased Medal of Honour: Airbourne. I haven't played a MoI game since the first PS2 game, although I have done a couple of tours of duty in WWII with Call of Duty.

The USP is obviously the parachuting. The 'In plane' cut scene get's a bit boring after the first one but the actual parachuting bit is cool. It obviously helps you select where in the level you start and whether you start somewhere recently safe (indiciated by green flares) or somewhere less safe but nearer the objectives.

It's got a neat leaning system (similar to the one in F.E.A.R. but more useful) when you're looking down the sight of a gun so that you can lean out of cover and then flick back into recharge your health (similar to Resistance: Fall of Man with four segments. A segment will recharge when your not being hit but you need a health pack to replace more segments).

Even on casual I'm finding it something of a challenge with the enemy often coming from many directions. It also has a poor collision detection. Anyway it can't have been that tough cos I managed to get through the first three missions last night.

Oh and damn EA and their shitty servers.. I couldn't get it to connect to a multiplayer game for love or money.

Currently Listening: Kanye West - Graduation

No comments: