Wednesday 5 September 2007

multi-format release... PS3 bringing up the rear?

I read this on a 360 magazine forum I visit today

Tiger Woods 08 has now been added to a seemingly ever increasing list of Ps3 games, which are not being released at the same time as there 360 counterparts.

I ask what the hell are Sony playing at, they expect people to fork out all that money and they can't even get the games out on time.
Along with the news that Alone in the Dark will be released later on PS3...

Now as I'm pretty much 360 exclusive for multi-format releases it's not a big deal but it's probably not great for Sony...

The question is why?

1 comment:

Nish said...

EA have already got into trouble with their X360/PS3 games. The latest PS3 Madden game was criticised as "sluggish" in USA Today when compared to the X360 version.

In its defence EA said: "The differences in the overall knowledge of the hardware is vastly different for both consoles and, as is the case with newer technology, it is very difficult to get it right the first time."

This, I think, is the biggest load of bullshit I've heard in a long time. Is it acceptable to say "We know we can't get it right, but we'll release it anyway?"

Back on topic, I think the PS3 will sorely test devs and publishers who thrive on multiformat releases.

Saying that, I think the results of Sega (SR Revo), Capcom (DMC 4), and Rockstar (GTA IV) will be the ones to watch. If they can achieve more than acceptable results (the only difference should be less shiny visuals for the PS3) then you know EA and, I think, Ubisoft are just full of excuses amongst other things.

I can't see Capcom screwing up, and Sega have proved they're able (aside from online VF5 is very good).