Friday 14 August 2009

The "Complete" List

Resistance 2
Mirror's Edge - 360
Quantum of Solace - 360
House of the Dead: Overkill - Story & Directors Cut
Fable 2 - Story Mode
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot - (Liquid Easy)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Saints Row
Race Pro - Career Mode
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Easy) - 360
Conan (Easy) - PS3
GTA IV - 360
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Manhunt 2
Prince of Persia
No More Heroes - Real Ending
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Silent Hill 2 - (4 star rating, Leave ending)

I seem to remember the original game being much more Resident Evil inspired with it's odd puzzles and general, town gone bad, story line. This sequel is a much more mature journey into guilt and relationships. It took me just over 12 hours to complete and I only came a croper on a couple of puzzles (Although I did have riddles set too easy cos that kind of thing frustrates my poor brain). I really enjoyed the prison section. I couldn't find a map and ended up producing my own which ended up much like the in game versions.

The scares are more subtle and mature too. There's none of the cheap shocks of Resi instead it's much more atmospheric and in some cases just plain weird. There's also great use of sound.. childish whimpering, breaking glass and weird moans can all be heard at certain points and yet never mature into a physical threat. There's a lot of creeping dread..

Suffice to say I've moved straight on to number three.

No comments: