Tuesday 25 August 2009

The "Complete" List

Resistance 2
Mirror's Edge - 360
Quantum of Solace - 360
House of the Dead: Overkill - Story & Directors Cut
Fable 2 - Story Mode
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot - (Liquid Easy)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Saints Row
Race Pro - Career Mode
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Easy) - 360
Conan (Easy) - PS3
GTA IV - 360
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Manhunt 2
Prince of Persia
No More Heroes - Real Ending
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Silent Hill 2 - (4 star rating, Leave ending)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - DS
Silent Hill 3 - (5 star rating)

I think I actually enjoyed this more than Silent Hill 2. It's graphically superior. Although a lot shorter (It took me just over 6 hours to complete according to my save file compared to over 12 for the second game) it's more focused and there's less aimless wandering of the town.

I preferred the main protagonist, Heather, as well. She's feisty and I think playing a girl added to the scare factor. This game actually made me jump more. I also felt the 'nightmare' alternate realities where more in keeping with the first game and genuinely disturbing. The bit where the bath over flowed with blood whilst the bloody tendrils expanded over your reflection was horrible. The monsters too where more menacing and yet you couldn't help feeling sorry for the split head dogs when they yelped and ran off after a good battering with the pipe.

The story itself wasn't as strong echoing the first games hokey 'God summoning' and I thought it was cheeky to reuse a chunk of Silent Hill 2's level. There was also a bit too much instant death for my liking. Especially when the controls are still a bit clunky.

Overall though another enjoyable experience. I intend to move straight onto Silent Hill 4: The Room now.

No comments: