Saturday 24 November 2007

Currently Playing : Uncharted Demo

A playable demo of Uncharted : Drakes Fortune finally arrived in the UK PSN Store last night. My regular reader will remember my enthusiasm for all things Naughty Dog and indeed has already played the demo himself.

I rather enjoyed the opening movie and it's nice to see the humour so well used in Jak & Daxter remaining in place.

The demo itself contained rather too much shooting for my liking. I don't know whether it's my lousey aiming abilities, The PS3s rather crap analogue sticks (In comparison to the superior ones on the 360 pad) or what seemed to me a rather poor aiming system (some how it doesn't seem as intuitive as virtually the same system in Gears of War) but I didn't find the combat particularly satisfying. Not helped by the pistol having a stupidly small maximum capacity of 40 shots. Meaning that I'd run out of bullets frequently and before I could go and harvest the bullets dropped by the downed pirates more where on the way and shooting at me.

I restarted on Easy (as opposed to Normal) but it didn't seem to make a world of difference. It's still a must have title for me but I'm hoping that as teh game progresses there isn't quite such a high combat ratio as in teh opening level.

No comments: