Monday 12 November 2007

The Times they are a changing.

On my weekend trawl through The Sunday Times I noticed that Ratchet & Clank: ToD got the full five stars and apparently it's not just the best platform game on PS3 but the best platform games in ages (Presumably the haven't reviewed the plumbers latest effort yet)..

I was leaving this one for a while.. It was a kind of "If it's cheap or second hand" when the Q4 dust has settled.. Now I'm wondering whether it might be an essential PS3 title. Having given the demo a wee bash I was very impressed with the graphics (is it just me or does the PS3 seem to be a bit more "Next Gen" than 360 when programmers get the best out of it?).. I can't see Uncharted getting rave reviews either.. although I do have great faith in Naughty Dog.. I'll probably just have to get both and see which I prefer.

3 comments:

Nish said...

I feel that R&C is a game that I'll definitely get, but it's not exactly essential. I guess this is more to do with the paucity of quality PS3 games rather than anything else.

Uncharted is already getting some decent scores (9s) so it looks like Naughty Dog is back to its best again.

On an unrelated note, Assassin's Creed is getting the reception I thought it might: mixed.

Bobsticle said...

Ah.. Mr Nish!

I'd have picked up R&C for the same reason but its £45 in town so they can get stuffed.

Eurogamer raved about Uncharted and said he wondered whether it could even be done on 360.. Most highly anticpated PS3 title for me by a long long way.

AC is a must have for me.. I'm a sucker for the hype.

Nish said...

I've no doubt that I'll pick up AC but hopefully s/h. A 7/10 is sign of a good game with flaws in my book so it'll at least be worth a try.

The final run in the game sounds pretty awful but I've weathered Sands of Time and the God of Wars so I'm sure I can do this.