Thursday 15 November 2007

Expensive Hill?

There's a lot of preview information about at the moment regarding Silent Hill 5. Most interestingly concerning Konami handing the development over to a team from outside of Japan. As to the game itself the hero of the piece is most notable for being ex-Services meaning he should be more handy with weapons than the previous "everyman" types who've been far from proficient with them. Presumable we're not expecting a Resi 4 style make over but it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

I haven't played a Silent Hill Game since the original on PSone which I completed and found reasonably fun to play and rather disturbing.. the mixture of the torch, the crackeling radio, the horror and some reasonabl NPC interaction was rather memorable.

Thus I decided it might be a good time to pick up the (Rather rare it turns out) Silent Hill Collection containing games 2,3 and 4 in a single package and bring me right up to date in time for the new game. However it's making stupid money on eBay at the moment.. I've already missed out on two copies. One going for £35 the other £42 and there's not so many to choose from.. I've set my maximum bid to £40 on the latest sale!! Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Nish said...

The second SH is essential if you've any interest in survival horror genre. In what it attempts to do in terms of a psychological thriller it's pretty much on its own at the top in the gaming world.

The third game is essential to finish off the first game...though I've not played Origins. Check out Berserker's review of the PSP game by the way; I look up to him for any title that even remotely resembles survival horror.

I've not much interest in the fifth game but we shall see. That it's developed by a group who have produced nothing but shite games to date is certainly worrying.